- Bachelor of Science, Central Washington University
Certifications and Courses
- StrongFirst Level 2 Kettlebell Instructor
- NSCA- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) and Certified Personal Trainer
- ACSM- Certified Clinical Exercise Physiologist (CEP)
- FMS- Level 2 Practitioner
- Max Shank Ultimate Athleticism
- Original Strength User Course
- Kettlebell Strong – Double Kettlebell Course with Geoff Neupert
- #1 World Ranked Scottish Highland Games in Lightweight Class
- 3 World Records as Lightweight Competitor
- Former Heavyweight Professional Athlete
- Multiple Amateur Heavyweight records and championships
- StrongFirst Tactical Strength Challenge Elite Class Competitor
- StrongFirst “Beast Tamer” (Strict Press, Pistol, and Pull up with 48kg/106lb “Beast” Kettlebell)
- Competitive Olympic Lifter in 94KG Masters Class
As a young athlete I was always fascinated with health and fitness.
After getting my first weight set of plastic covered cement weights from Target when I was 12, I became instantly hooked on becoming stronger and learning how to challenge my body to learn new skills. Unfortunately, I was misguided and ended up with chronic low back and shoulder injuries that sidelined my athletic career until recently. Both of these injuries initially started in the gym. I knew there had to be a better way to use resistance training and other forms of training as a way to strengthen my body without re-injuring myself. Unknowingly, these injuries started me down the road on my quest to learn as much as possible about how to help others perform at their best while living a healthy, balanced lifestyle.
Slowly my pain improved to the point where I could do some reasonable heavy lifting while competing as a Scottish Highland Games athlete. Through the use of carefully designed resistance training programs, metabolic conditioning, mobility/corrective exercises, and proper nutrition, I was able to progress to the professional level in the sport I had grown to love. I have continued to compete for over 10 years while setting three world records in the process. I am now pain free and feel better than ever at age 37!
My background includes 15 years of personal training, strength coaching, and clinical experiences in physical therapy and cardiac rehabilitation settings for St. John Hospital in Longview, WA.
During my career with St. John, I successfully created a system wide weight management, employee group fitness, post rehabilitation and high school strength and conditioning programs. I am currently pursuing my certification in Olympic Weightlifting though USA Weightlifting and my SFB – Bodyweight Certification though StrongFirst.
I provide individual personal training (one on one), customized semi-private coaching (small group 2-4 clients), group classes (6-10 clients per class), online coaching and personalized nutritional planning services to a wide variety of clientele, ranging from young athletes to seniors with significant limitations. I want to help you achieve your goals and empower you to become more fit than you ever thought possible, while moving well and training with a clear purpose.
Want to get started working with me today? Fill out the form below: